Bengal Vipassana Kendrahas developed a donation refund policy as part of our commitment to honoringand respecting the financial contributions that people make to Bengal VipassanaKendra. All donations are disbursed in a timely fashion to Bengal VipassanaKendra supported projects and center objectives are met. Bengal VipassanaKendra relies on donations to design and implement the work and achieve theoutcomes with respect to monthly courses and programs or/and for building themeditation center. We recognise the importance of donations and want to ensurewe establish appropriate principles of transparency and fairness with regard tothe management of refunds.
This policy outlines thecircumstances under which Bengal Vipassana Kendra Branch Office (hereafter‘Bengal Vipassana Kendra’) will refund a donation. This policy is applicablefor only for Non-earmarked donations. Donations to specific project donationsare not refundable.
This policy applies toall those who make financial donations to Bengal Vipassana Kendra and to BengalVipassana Kendra volunteers responsible for processing and managing financialdonations.
Bengal Vipassana Kendraexpects that anyone wishing to donate considers their decision carefully andchecks donation amounts during transactions.Bengal Vipassana Kendra recognisesthat it is possible to make an error when making an on-line donation or for thedonors to change their mind about the donation made. It can also occur that anerror is made by Bengal Vipassana Kendra or our payment gateway.Under thispolicy Bengal Vipassana Kendra will endeavour to refund donations in accordancewith the following rules:
- If an error is made in making a donation or if the donor changestheir mind, we will honour all requests for refund that are made in writingwithin 7 (seven) days of the date the donation was made. The written refundrequest should include the details of the initial transaction including date,donation amount, donor’s name, ID, tax invoice number and the nature of theerror.
- Written requests for refund can be sent by email or mail:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Correspondence address: Donor Service, Bengal Vipassana Kendra, Stephen House, 4BBD Bag East Rm no 47 Kolkata 700001. Bengal Vipassana Kendra will fullyexamine all requests for refund and endeavour to ensure that genuine errors arerectified. However, after 7days Bengal Vipassana Kendra is under no obligationto give refunds and the decision on refunds will be at Bengal VipassanaKendra’s discretion.
- Bengal Vipassana Kendra will only process refunds on return oftax exemption certificate or a written declaration that the previous receipt willnot be used by donor
- Based on the written request from a donor, amount is adjusted byBengal Vipassana Kendra, the original donor receipt issued for the incorrectamount will become invalid and a new receipt will be issued by Bengal VipassanaKendra for the amount of the adjusted donation
- Bengal Vipassana Kendra reserves the right to pass any refundtransaction charged onto the donor
- Refunds will be returned using th
- e original method of payment – for example if a donation hasbeen made by credit card, the refund will be credited by Bengal VipassanaKendra to that same credit card
- Should an error be made by Bengal Vipassana Kendra or ourfinancial institution(s), a refund of the full amount will be made once BengalVipassana Kendra is notified of the error in writing.
RESPONSIBILITYAND POLICY OWNER
All Bengal VipassanaKendra volunteers responsible for receiving and processing donationsshall:
- respect and value all those who donate to Bengal Vipassana Kendra
- ensure donation processes are secure and transparent
- build trusting relationships with regular donors and partners
- respond proactively to any issues arising with regard todonation refunds
- communicate respectfully and professionally with those whorequest a refund and raise any issues or concerns
- that arise with Bengal Vipassana Kendra management regardingdonation refunds.